EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 5

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:07:06 PDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 05 18:04:21 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > On 4/22/05, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> > > Care to propose new API functions which use EGLScreen instead of integers?
> >
> > Is this all we need? Plus change the type on screen_number from EGLint
> > to ELGScreen for the whole API.
> >
> >   EGLBoolean eglGetScreensMESA(EGLDisplay dpy,
> >                               EGLScreen *screens, EGLint screens_size,
> >                               EGLint *num_screens)
> >
> > Then these are the two error codes for my screen or mode disappearing?
> >
> >    EGL_BAD_SCREEN_MESA
> >    EGL_BAD_MODE_MESA
>
> I would suggest that the ability to generate screen or mode disappearing
> errors should be part of the hotplug extension that is yet to come. This
> would ease the life of embedded device programmers a lot. The error
> codes can already be defined in this extension, as we have to generate
> them for bad handles (e.g. NULL) as well.

I think that even embedded device will have to handle this too. I have
seen some new cell phone that you can plug on a tv or others screen...
Thus generating error code for mode, screen & surface should be
usefull even for embedded device.

And as Jon said embedded device that doesn't have to face such
things just can ignore this...

Jerome Glisse