EGL_MESA_choose_display version 1

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Sat Jul 2 16:47:09 PDT 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 17:41, Jon Smirl wrote:
> What is the status of eglChooseDisplayMESA()? Are we going to add a
> new call or can we get the Khronos people to tighten up the spec of
> eglGetDisplay()? We would just need a change from "typedef void *
> NativeDisplayType" to "typedef char * NativeDisplayType".
>
> I wonder if any of the existing implementations use anything other
> than EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY.

We do; I don't know about anyone else.  The problem is we can't really know
who all else has an implementation that lets you choose.  Retroactively
fixing published APIs rarely works well.  I'd much rather use choose_display
and avoid the problem altogether.

Besides adding the display/N schema, I thought of one other thing to add that
might be cool, but I totally can't remember it right now so it must not have
been that special.  I think it's basically done.

- ajax