DRI's internal use of GLX entry points

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:26:15 PDT 2005

I'm working on CreateContext now. Internally driCreateContext uses the
external GLX API __glXFindDRIScreen. I'm not sure how to make this
work with EGL and GLX since they need two different implementation of
the same function.

The need for this function seems to come from the fact that X uses
ints for screen handles instead of a pointer that can be cast like all
of the other objects.

Shouldn't there be a a GLXScreen object? If there was the context
functions would take GLXScreen instead of 'int screen' and we wouldn't
need glx_find_dri_screen().

An ideas on how to get around this problem?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com