Full GL config attributes

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 13 07:42:37 PDT 2005

Jon Smirl wrote:
> Xegl sits on top of mesa/EGL. Xegl needs to export a full OpenGL API.
> How can I do this if the EGL API is blocking things like AUX and
> ACCUM? Don't we need to expose the full OGL config set?

Each window-system layer includes requirements about what configs must
be exported.  For example, GLX requires that at least one config with at
least a 14-bit depth-buffer be exposed.  Since OpenGL ES doesn't support
accum, it sounds like that requirement for EGL is that no configs with
non-zero accum bits be exported.  It is very easy for the libGL layer to
filter these out if needed.