EGL_MESA_choose_display version 1

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Jun 15 10:56:55 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 13:13, Jon Smirl wrote:
> On 6/15/05, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> > But it _can_ tell the difference.  That's the whole point of wanting this
> > extension.  The first case is one EGLDisplay handle that can have two
> > screen surfaces attached; the second case is two EGLDisplay handles with
> > one screen surface each.
>
> It can not tell the difference if the driver hides the information

If you have exactly one card, sure.  Now imagine you have an nvidia card in
slot one and an ati card in slot two.  You will not be able to make that look
like one display with a bunch of screens at the EGL level, and you should not
try.

You seem to be suggesting that there is only one EGLDisplay per system.  I
really don't think you mean that.

- ajax