EGL_MESA_choose_display version 1

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:27:27 PDT 2005

On 6/15/05, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> From version 9 of EGL_MESA_screen_surface:
>
>     EGLBoolean eglGetScreensMESA(EGLDisplay dpy, EGLScreenMesa *screens,
>                                  EGLint screens_size, EGLint *num_screens);
>
> If we're doing one screen per display then why do we even have this call and
> why did you fight so hard [1] to make screen handles opaque and dynamic?  If
> you do one EGLDisplay per screen then *num_screens will always be 1, won't
> it?

I'm just making one screen per display in my drivers. I'm designing my
drivers to be able to split a single card between two users, other
driver developers may not want to do that. Nothing in EGL is forcing
this model onto other driver writers.

Now that I think about it, since I have one screen per display it is
ok to use display/0, display/1, etc. From my side I think in terms of
screens and I forgot that there was a 1:1 correspondence.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com