Page flipping, wait for vsync

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Mon Jun 20 18:17:02 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 20:39 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Should page flipping and wait for vsync be covered?
>
> To page flip you would set a different surface to the screen. There
> should be a note that if the mode is the identical it should not be
> reset.
>
> To coordinate you need a call that will wait for vsync without spinning.
>
> Or should page flipping be hidden inside the double buffered config?

DRI already has an wait for irq ioctl. I did post a patch on fb-devel
that implemented the FBIO_WAITFORVSYNC ioctl for radeonfb as is
implemented for matroxfb, but there were some objections, notably
because it might conflict with any DRI module implementing irq handling.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com>