cursors and input

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Tue Mar 15 07:38:54 PST 2005

I'm beginning to wonder if cursors should be present at all, or left to
the X server to composite on its own....

Again, I'm thinking about multiple user cases, and multiple input
devices.

The concept that there is only a single cursor in X is arguably a bug,
and that having single hardware cursor support isn't more than an
optimization.

So I wonder if cursors exist at all, if the interface should have
support for multiple cursors/sprites...
				- Jim