EGL_MESA_screen_surface proposal

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:02:08 PST 2005

Another mode attribute should be EGL_NAME. Say your monitor implements
both HDTV-1080i and HDTV-1080p. Selecting on
width=1920,height=1080,depth=32 should return. HDTV-1080p since it is
the best mode. You would need to select on the mode name of HDTV-1080i
to force the inferior mode.

Or should EGL_INTERLACE also be added? It's not clear to me that
interlace is needed. If your monitor only supported 1080i it wouldn't
have an entry for 1080p.

If anyone wants to send me a Samsung HLR6768W I can check this out and
make sure it works since it supports both modes on it's DVI input.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com