EGL_MESA_screen_surface proposal

Michel Danzer mdanzer at ati.com
Wed Mar 16 13:51:20 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 16:35 -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:

> I think that info is quite critical. If you set 1080i you're going to
> need two surfaces in the alternating buffer model.

That's still an implementation detail. Sure, this won't work with this
extension alone (keep in mind what Brian and Adam have been saying about
API extensibility though), but why make it impossible for no good
reason?

> Just because you have 1080i input doesn't mean that it can't be
> scanned out at 1080p.

Not without artifacts.

--
Michel Danzer, Linux Software Engineering       \   Tel: +1 905-882-2600
ATI Technologies Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada  \       Extension: 3550