EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 3

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Mar 21 21:54:21 PST 2005

> This is the only issue that I have any strong feeling about.  If the
> only reliable use is to determine the aspect ratio, then we should just
> provide that value.  However, is this the aspect ratio of the display or
> of a pixel?  I assume it's the aspect ratio of the display, but should
> the pixel aspect be provided?  Either way, a single integer won't
> suffice.  How would 16:9 or 4:3 be represented?

The pixel I would think... but yes, ideally, we need 2 integers.

The display aspect ratio is a different thing and can be deduced from
the combination of pixel aspect ratio and display resolution. That is,
for a 1:1 pixel (most cases), the display resolution alone. The pixel
ratio is really only useful for things like stretched modes on flat
panels.