What about cursor support?

Michel Danzer mdanzer at ati.com
Fri May 20 10:39:52 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 12:42 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> On 5/20/05, Keith Whitwell <keith at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> > Isn't the cursor just the topmost composited element?
>
> Don't you want hardware cursor support so the mouse won't lag when
> the
> CPU gets loaded?

Everything else will lag behind the hardware cursor in that case. Which
of these cases is worse is a matter of taste I guess. Cursor support in
EGL may be nice to have, but it's not a requirement (witness Xephyr).

--
Michel Danzer, Linux Software Engineering       \   Tel: +1 905-882-2600
ATI Technologies Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada  \       Extension: 3550