Lags (Re: Xegl lives!)

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Mon May 23 10:37:41 PDT 2005

Le lundi 23 mai 2005 à 13:11 -0400, Michel Dänzer a écrit :

> > I find the current Xorg already laggy enough.
>
> With this little information, I can only speculate that you're talking
> about the handling of expose events, which are largely eliminated with
> compositing. Running Xglx with compositing on the current X server with
> fglrx is the smoothest and snappiest X experience I've ever had, FWIW.
> Xegl should be at least as good, depending on the EGL implementation of
> course.

That's an excellent news.
I see lags in other areas though: the handling of mouse events seems
sometimes un-coordinated. E.g. I grab a window or a widget, move or
resize it, then release mouse button, but the window or widget or
whatever continues to follow the pointer for a short while before
noticing it should stop.
Pretty bad explanation, I know. I don't know how to provide a
reproductible testcase (monitor mouse events while recording what
happens on screen ?)

	Xav