What about cursor support?

Michel Danzer mdanzer at ati.com
Tue May 24 09:08:07 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 09:51 -0400, Matthias Hopf wrote:

> And that's an important point. We can only draw the cursor using
> OpenGL
> if the Xserver is in control of all rendering - which won't be the
> case
> as soon as direct rendering has been implemented for Xgl (some
> extensions missing for that so far).

With compositing, the X server renders everything in the visible area of
the screen, even with direct rendering. I don't think the
con-compositing case is very interesting for Xgl.

--
Michel Danzer, Linux Software Engineering       \   Tel: +1 905-882-2600
ATI Technologies Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada  \       Extension: 3550