[Dri-users] "early" KMS radeon firmware loading

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:45:00 UTC 2018

I was looking at Intel microcode updating
(<cpio>/kernel/x86/microcode/GenuineIntel.bin) and ACPI table
upgrading (<cpio>/kernel/firmware/acpi/dsdt.aml) and I'm wondering if
the radeon driver also does this (kernel/firmware/radeon/stuff.bin?
kernel/radeon/stuff.bin?).

I'm already using CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE= but having to redo that
config with every other kernel update is annoying. Failing that I
guess I could go back to just having radeon as a module...