etnaviv-gpu 134000.gpu: MMU fault status 0x00000002 on i.XM6 Quad Plus

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 15:38:31 UTC 2017

I'm using the following xorg.conf file for a while now and it works well on
i.MX6 Quad on any kernel and i.MX6 Quad Plus for kernel versions up to
4.11.12, that is, the image is displayed properly and never blanks unless
by user inactivity (being restored when there is user activity):
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Device0"
        Screen          0
        Driver          "armada"

# Support hotplugging displays?
#       Option          "Hotplug"       "FALSE"

# Support hardware cursor if available?
#       Option          "HWCursor"      "TRUE"

# Use GPU acceleration?
        Option          "UseGPU"        "TRUE"

# Provide Xv interfaces?
        Option          "XvAccel"       "TRUE"

# Prefer overlay for Xv (TRUE for armada-drm, FALSE for imx-drm)
        Option          "XvPreferOverlay" "FALSE"

# Which accelerator module to load (automatically found if commented out)
        Option          "AccelModule"   "etnadrm_gpu"
#       Option          "AccelModule"   "etnaviv_gpu"

# Support DRI2 interfaces?
        Option          "DRI"           "TRUE"

EndSection