etnaviv-gpu 134000.gpu: MMU fault status 0x00000002 on i.XM6 Quad Plus

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:20:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Lucas Stach <l.stach at pengutronix.de>
wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 30.08.2017, 10:46 +0100 schrieb Luís Mendes:
> > Hi Lucas,
> >

> > I see in xf86-video-armada/etnaviv/etnaviv.c, that each of the
> > functions etnaviv_PolyLines,..., has a respective fallback function
> > call name unaccel_...
> >

> > When you say disable individual acceleration function, you are saying
> > to force the call to the respective unaccel function?
> >
> Yes, this way you should be able to narrow down which of the
> acceleration functions is causing the GPU MMU faults. When you have that
> you can dump the parameters for all invocations of this function, to
> figure out why the GPU is accessing invalid memory regions.

Ok, I'll try to do that as soon as I find some spare time.

Regarding the screen blanking do you have a suggestion on how to debug it?
I found that it is related with the prefetech unit enablement introduced in
kernel 4.12.0, kernels 4.11.x do not exhibit such behaviour. What is
happening is that when the X session is started for the login screen,
sometimes the mouse arrow is seen for a second and then the screen blanks,
sometimes the whole login screen can be seen for 10 seconds or so, and then
either blanks or shows a corrupted screen image. Sometimes nothing is seen
and screen just blanks before the X session starts.

Regards,
> Lucas
>

> Regards,
Luís