Still no 3D for me :( - libGL error: failed to authenticate magic 1

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:09:27 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

I've an interesting update... if I try use gdm as a display manager with
wayland I also get "libGL error: failed to authenticate magic 1", but if I
use lightdm as a display manager I am able to properly use openGL
acceleration.
So this seems to have with some kind of initialization that lightdm does,
that gdm doesn't. Maybe an issue with wayland?

This way it doesn't look like a mesa issue, but rather some sort of
initialization or configuration, thus compiling mesa is likely not to solve
this issue.

Luis