etnaviv-gpu 134000.gpu: MMU fault status 0x00000002 on i.XM6 Quad Plus

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 13:02:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 01:54:34PM +0100, Lucas Stach wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> The MMU fault addresses are not really reliable. They seem to be
> accurate for some engines on the 3D core, but are known to provide
> totally bogus values for others. Please don't let you confuse too much
> by those.

Yea, I'm not too concerned about that.  What I'm really struggling with
is remembering all the silly offsets that apply to coordinates in the
Xrender extension, between Xrender coordinates and underlying buffer
coordinates.  There's many layers, some offsets are additive, others
are subtractive (which is buried in the drawable offset stuff.)

Then there's the need for the GPU to have the destination buffer
coordinates, and an offset between the destination buffer coordinates
and the source buffer coordinates.

The whole thing is just making my head spin at the moment.

It could also be that the application is passing silly xSrc/ySrc/
xDst/yDst values to Xrender which we're somehow not handling correctly,
which is a distinct possibility given that the source seems to have the
repeat flag set.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 8.8Mbps down 630kbps up