Question regarding HDMI Audio support on i.MX6 with vanilla kernel

Luís Mendes luis.p.mendes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:53:02 UTC 2017

Hi Russell,

I've just tested my Wandboard Rev.D1 with a Samsung monitor PX2370, model:
LS23WHEKFV/EN which has HDMI with audio (has an audio pass-through with an
optical IEC958 connector and an analog stereo audio jack which can be
connected to an amplifier, despite the monitor has no speakers embedded to
it) that provides no EDID information, thus I had to force the EDID data
from my home TV for the audio to work.
This made me think the kernel option has_audio={-1,0,1} would be
appropriate for these cases. I know that you don't find this idea so good,
but for these cases would be nice. If you want I can provide a patch for
this.
What do you say?

Regards,
Luís