Question regarding HDMI Audio support on i.MX6 with vanilla kernel

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Tue Nov 7 17:45:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 05:20:04PM +0000, Luís Mendes wrote:
> I got no EDID at all from the monitor.
> get-edid returns:
> No EDID on bus 0
> No EDID on bus 1
> No EDID on bus 2
>
> hexdump -C /sys/class/drm/card1-HDMI-A-1/edid
> is empty

Can you confirm that it also gives no EDID when plugged into another
machine?  I don't see evidence via google that other people have a
problem with the monitor - and in this day and age, a monitor missing
all EDID is just completely perverse, especially if it has a HDMI
socket.  (EDID is basically a requirement for HDMI, it isn't optional.)

I wonder if your board is missing something - maybe the 5V supply to
the HDMI socket is missing (which is a requirement in the HDMI spec
for the DDC bus to be usable.)

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 8.8Mbps down 630kbps up