Getting drivers for Vivante GC880 GPU on IMX6

Richard Nai rnai2 at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 19 05:38:02 UTC 2018

HI Etnaviv maintainers,

I have an IMX6 board with a Vivante GC880 GPU. I'm trying to do an embedded
computer vision project with it, so I'm trying to get OpenCV with OpenCL
working. However, right now I have a barebones Ubuntu 16.04 installation on
it, and when I run inxi -G, it can't detect a graphics card, even though
the data sheet says it should have a Vivante GC880. I also ran:

dmesg|grep viv
[    1.205675] [drm] Initialized vivante 1.0.0 20120216 on minor 0

Which I think is indicative of a Vivante device being present. I'm
wondering if there is a way to get drivers for the GPU without rebuilding
my operating system. How should I proceed?

Thanks!
Richard Nai