etnaviv on imx6 dual lite with kernel. 4.9.88

Maik Dilger mdisglin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 05:35:29 UTC 2019

Hello,

i'm trying to switch to the etnaviv driver with kernel 4.9.88 and
buildroot, both is provided by our manufacturer for a imx6 dual lite SOM.
Their release does use the vivante driver which is working but causes
crashes of galcore with qt when used with opengl/eglfs.

Because of that i want to use etnaviv which at the moment does not work.
I'm experimenting with x.org, the armada driver
http://git.arm.linux.org.uk/cgit/xf86-video-armada.git and patches for
buildroot https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/868605/
I got all to compile but there is no screen detected.

My kernel configuration contains
CONFIG_DRM_ETNAVIV=m
CONFIG_DRM_ETNAVIV_REGISTER_LOGGING=y

I have disabled CONFIG_DRM_VIVANTE and CONFIG_MXC_GPU_VIV.

If CONFIG_MXC_GPU_VIV is enabled these entries are shown using dmesg:
etnaviv-gpu 134000.gpu: can't request region for resource [mem
0x00134000-0x00137fff]
etnaviv-gpu 134000.gpu: failed to ioremap (null): -16
etnaviv-gpu: probe of 134000.gpu failed with error -16

If i disable that configuration, dmesg does not show anything but the
etnaviv module is loaded without any error.

My current device tree configuration does work with vivante but not with
etnaviv.
imx6dl.dtsi does contain the gpu-subsystem, is there anything else required?

Does anyone have an idea what i'm missing here?

Regards,

Maik Dilger