[BUG] etnaviv: broken timeouts

Kyle Russell bkylerussell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 03:29:22 UTC 2019

I've observed the timeouts issue originally reported in this thread on a
4.17 aarch64 kernel, and it has reproduced reliably every boot.  I tried
the "normal" timespec patch that Russell provided, and that seems to
have fixed it up.  Before finding this thread, I similarly considered
using ktime_get_ts instead of timespec_to_jiffies while debugging the
issue.  There don't appear to be many clients of timespec_to_jiffies, at
least in 4.17.

Is this patch acceptable for now, or is it worth holding off for a more
fundamental fix?

I haven't inspected the other usages of timespec_to_jiffies in detail,
or searched newer kernel versions to see if usage of timespec_to_jiffies
has changed, but if ktime_get_ts addresses some subtleties, maybe it's
worth removing timespec_to_jiffies?

I'll be glad to help however I can.