Etnaviv issues on i.MX8M-Mini

Schrempf Frieder frieder.schrempf at kontron.de
Tue Feb 25 08:13:58 UTC 2020

Hi Lucas,

On 24.02.20 12:08, Lucas Stach wrote:
> On Mo, 2020-02-24 at 10:53 +0000, Schrempf Frieder wrote:
>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> On 24.02.20 11:37, Lucas Stach wrote:
>>> Hi Frieder,

>>> Which driver is used for the display side? It seems like the display
>>> side doesn't properly handle the dma fences used to synchronize scanout
>>> and rendering.
>>
>> I ported/picked the drivers for the LCDIF and DSI controllers from
>> development branch of the 5.4-based vendor kernel [1] to our own
>> v5.4-based kernel [2]. So it is quite probable, that something could be
>> wrong here.
>
> Please just use DRM_MXSFB for the display side, instead of the
> downstream driver.

Hm, good idea. I somehow forgot about the fact, that there is an
upstream driver for the LCDIF controller. On first try I couldn't get it
to run on the i.MX8MM, but I suspect that's due to some reset,
power-domain or clock setup, that is missing upstream. I will see if I
can get any further with this.

Thanks,
Frieder