srtp support

Norbert Wegener nw at wegener-net.de
Tue Jul 17 13:02:45 PDT 2012

Hello,
the pidgin sipe FAQ answers the question:
I get the error message "488 Encryption Levels not compatible" when trying
to set up an audio/video call
with:
Farstream doesn't support SRTP and therefore pidgin-sipe is unable to
create encrypted calls.

Some threads I found indicate that there has been at least some work done
in this srtp area in Farstream.

Lync communication in our company is encrypted, so Pidgin-Sipe is
currently not working for me, and I have to use windows instead :-(

Are there chances that this changes within the next time and srtp will be
available in Farstream?

Thanks
Norbert Wegener