DTLS

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Jan 2 07:27:42 PST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 15:58 +0100, Fedor Brunner wrote:
> has there been any progress with DTLS/SRTP in Farstream? I see that
> SRTP was added to gst-plugins-bad.

I have an experimental branch that implements DTLS-SRTP in GStreamer, it
relies on experimental patches to GLib, and no work has been done to
integrate it into Farstream yet.

http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/tester/gst-plugins-bad.git/log/?h=dtls

> Maybe GStreamer plugin for ZRTP and SRTP/SRTCP
> https://github.com/wernerd/gstzrtp
> would be interesing for Farstream.

That code is still for GStreamer 0.10 and has some parts under the
GPLv3, so we sadly can't use it.

> The interface is really simple with single sink and src for RTP and RTCP. Where would be the best
> place to integrate it into Farstream? Just before transmitter?

Yes, putting it just before the transmitter is the plan. It gets a bit
tricky as if you have DTLS-SRTP, you probably need a separate DTLS
channel for each destination and currently you can have a single
transmitter (actually a single udpsink and udpsrc) to communicate with
multiple peers.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com