accessing FsCandidate.ip crashes

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Wed Aug 19 13:11:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

While trying to have a farstream working from my python app, I'm facing
a crash. I debugged to see where it comes from, and found that:

I have a callback attached to the 'message' signal:
    self.pipeline = Gst.Pipeline()
    bus = self.pipeline.get_bus()
    bus.add_signal_watch()
    bus.connect('message', self._on_gst_message)

In this callback, if message.type is Gst.MessageType.ELEMENT and name
(message.get_structure().get_name()) is 'farstream-new-local-candidate',
I get the candidate with
candidate = message.get_structure().get_value('candidate').copy()

and just here, if I try to get the ip with
print(candidate.ip), I have this error printed in console and my
application is killed:
**
ERROR:../../gi/pygi-argument.c:1586:_pygi_argument_to_object: code
should not be reached
Aborted

If I try to get the port or any other int, it works. If I try to get any
other gchar* it crashes the same way.

Is there something wrong I do?

Thanks for your help,
--