xdg-app-builder: Adding a symlink

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Sat Dec 12 21:25:31 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-12-12 at 11:44 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> After building python in xdg-app-builder, I need to create a symlink
> from
> /app/include/python3.5
> /app/include/python3.5m
> so that boost's awful build system can find it. I think distros do
> this
> in their packages.
>
> Python already has configure and Makefile files. Is there an easy way
> to just run an extra shell command after the install, or do I need to
> patch python's build files?

Actually, on second thoughts, I'd rather just use the python provided
by xdg-app (or maybe it's from the GNOME SDK?). But that's missing the
symlink. Ubuntu/Debian adds the symlink in its package, and I'd guess
that Fedora does too.

I've tried fixing boost's build system to make it do
  -I /usr/include/python3.3m
instead of
  -I /usr/include/python3.3
but so far I fear it might be a fundamental problem in boost's build
system.

Could we add the symlink to xdg-app's /usr ?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com