Custom GL drivers in the freedesktop (and gnome) runtimes

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 14:27:50 UTC 2015

Last week I made a script to convert an upstream nvidia driver release
into a org.freedesktop.Platform.GL runtime, thus allowing you to run an
unmodified xdg-app app with the nvidia drivers.

Here is the script if anyone wants to take a look:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg-app/freedesktop-sdk-images/tree/make-nvidia-image.sh

It is targeting the 1.2 freedesktop runtime which is a work in progress here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg-app/freedesktop-sdk-images/

I hope to have a build out based on this soonish.

Also, i blogged about this here, including some fancy screenshots of
the Unreal Engine 4 editor running as an xdg-app:

https://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2015/09/23/playing-games-with-runtime-extensions/

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a scrappy soccer-playing paramedic who hides his scarred face behind
a mask. She's a transdimensional African-American stripper looking for
love in all the wrong places. They fight crime!