Packaging OpenStack client fails due to non-standard header

Christian Hergert christian at hergert.me
Tue Dec 6 03:00:49 UTC 2016

On 12/05/2016 06:50 PM, Gerard Braad wrote:
> re-trying to package up the OpenStack client using flatpak, but it
> fails the `pip install` due to a non-standard header [1]:
>
>    bits/wordsize.h
>
> when trying to compile the dependency for the package `netifaces`. The
> full output can be found here [2].
>
> What can be done to fix this? I could pull and patch a local netifaces
> package, but I prefer to use a little hacks/workarounds as possible.
>
> any suggestions?

You check that bits/wordsize.h is in the runtime like:

$ flatpak run org.gnome.Sdk
sh-4.3$ ls /usr/include/bits/wordsize.h
/usr/include/bits/wordsize.h

If you're using flatpak-builder, make sure you've set the "sdk" field to
the sdk and not the platform runtime (or you won't have headers to build
with). For example, here is a snippet from GNOME Builder's json manifest
for flatpak-builder.

{
    "app-id": "org.gnome.Builder",
    "runtime": "org.gnome.Sdk",      <-- you might have Platform here
    "runtime-version": "master",
    "sdk": "org.gnome.Sdk",          <-- but you still want Sdk here
…

-- Christian