Geary 0.11.1 flatpak (version 2)

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Fri Jul 1 02:19:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 1:33 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-06-29 at 11:53 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
>>  Hi;
>>
>>  On 29 June 2016 at 11:10, Mattias Eriksson <snaggen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>  > I was told that the geary flatpak i had issues with the About
>>  > dialog image,
>>  > missing locales and help not working. I have fixed the image and
>>  > locale
>>  > problems, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem with the Help
>> not
>>  > working?
>>
>>  In order to launch the help browser you need a portal — you cannot
>>  see
>>  all the installed applications from within the sandbox, so there's
>>  nothing with which you can open the help URI. The "launch
>> application
>>  appropriate for this URI" portal is in progress; as soon as it's
>>  available, help links should go back to working.
>
> Actually help is pretty complicated, for several reasons.

[snip]

> Maybe we should just bundle the help browser with the gnome runtime?
> That will conflict with the cross-app help references though...

What if apps placed their help files in a well-known location under
/export? If the external links use app names or can be somehow indexed
into them, then if the runtime bundles a help browser that understands
this it should Just Work™, right?

Relatedly, I'd like to get Geary into the Flatpak gnome-apps repo.
What's the correct process? Can I just commit the JSON file to the
branches in git.gnome.org/gnome-apps-nightly?

Thanks!
//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.