Geary 0.11.1 flatpak (version 2)

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Mon Jul 11 03:02:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-07-01 at 12:19 +1000, Michael Gratton wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Maybe we should just bundle the help browser with the gnome
>>  > runtime?
>>  > That will conflict with the cross-app help references though...
>>
>>  What if apps placed their help files in a well-known location under
>>  /export? If the external links use app names or can be somehow
>>  indexed
>>  into them, then if the runtime bundles a help browser that
>>  understands
>>  this it should Just Work™, right?
>
> Exporting a massive set of data to the host which depends on some
> vaguely defined version of some webbrowser seems both risky and likely
> to lead to problems down the line.

Oh, I was thinking more about making it available to the runtime, not
the host. Maybe that's already how it works?

> Honestly, I think its better if each desktop bundles their help
> browser
> in their runtime.

Yep, that does sound reasonable.

>>  Relatedly, I'd like to get Geary into the Flatpak gnome-apps repo.
>>  What's the correct process? Can I just commit the JSON file to the
>>  branches in git.gnome.org/gnome-apps-nightly?
>
> Yeah, just commit it. Unstable git builds to "master" branch and 3.20
> versions to the "3-20" branch.

Cool, I committed the stable config to the 3.20 branch just before (the
nightly build config is a WIP still) and after a bit of tweaking it
built on all four arches fine.

Who is the best person to talk to about getting the stable packages
re-signed and migrated?

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.