Use ~/.local/share

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:35:01 UTC 2016

Hi;

On 29 June 2016 at 14:20, Mattias Eriksson <snaggen at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing about the Geary package is that it doesn't use the ~/.local/share/
> as the regularly installed geary application would do. Instead it uses
> ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Geary/data
> And this is not really a big issue, but it feels confusing that your mail
> accounts are lost when installing and running Geary from a flatpak.

Why would it be confusing? You're removing the application that can
read that data, and since Geary email account data can only be read by
Geary I don't see anything confusing about the data going away with
the application.

If Geary's account information were actually shared between email
clients then I would understand this concern a lot more.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io