Renamed to flatpak in git
alexl at redhat.com
Mon May 9 14:02:47 UTC 2016
I just pushed the changes to git master to rename everything "flatpak".
This means the binary is now named "flatpak".
The following should keep working:
* Anything installed with --user (we migrate ~/.local/share/xdg-app to
~/.local/share/flatpak). You can't go back though, the migration
* Existing repositories. Nothing changed wrt the repository format.
However, the following is not compatible:
* System installed apps/runtimes (/app
* Bundle format (changed magic cookie)
* binary changed name (xdg-app => flatpak,
xdg-app-builder => flatpak-builder)
* flatpak-builder uses a subdirectory named
".flatpack-builder", not ".xdg-app-builder".
* The bus name and interface name for the permission
store is changed, it was in org.freedesktop.XdgApp, but is
now in org.freedesktop.impl.portal.DesktopPortal.
Further is a list of things that has to be changed to sync with the
* mailing list name
* bugzilla component
* git repo
* tarball release location
* Fix up gnome-shell to use the new dbus name for the permission store
* Update shared-mime-info for new bundle format
* Update the runtimes/apps git repos so we build with the new commands
instead of the old ones.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl at redhat.com alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's an uncontrollable flyboy rock star for the 21st century. She's a
cold-hearted tempestuous opera singer in the witness protection program.
They fight crime!
More information about the xdg-app