Need help with ubuntu yakkety packages

Tobias Mueller muelli at cryptobitch.de
Thu Oct 27 05:54:27 UTC 2016

Hi.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 07:49:22PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I just built the xenial pacakges in the Ubuntu PPA for yakkety, and
FWIW: I have 0.6.13-0alexlarsson1~xenial1 installed, so I don't
whehter it's relevant that it seems to be working me...

> mostly they seem to work. However, the desktop integration is not
> working for some reason. The /var/lib/flatpak/exports/share directory
> does appear in XDG_DATA_DIRS, but the desktop files there just doesn't
> show up in unity.
Why do you expect XDG_DATA_DIRS to be set in first place?

My quick guess, without debugging it, is that the flatpak package does
not install the relevant configuration to modify that environment variable.

I see it installs /etc/profile.d/flatpak.sh and /usr/share/gdm/env.d/flatpak.env
but that may not help for lightdm which, I think, is the default display manager
under Ubuntu.

With what display manager have you tried it?

The Internet suggests, that LightDM uses the XSession mechanism.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LightDM>
I suppose that putting something into /etc/X11/Xsession.d/,
which currenty doesn't seem to be the case, might help.

HTH,
  Tobi