Flathub JSON recipes

Bartłomiej Piotrowski b at bpiotrowski.pl
Mon Aug 7 07:01:58 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-04 16:11, Robert McQueen wrote:
> The commenter on my blog was also concerned about the split of repos and
> potentially of access permissions in this scenario, recreating some of
> the regular Linux distro structure of packagers and developers being
> distinct groups of people. Flatpak is aiming to disintermediate here -
> does Flathub need to do better at this too?

There is small team of reviewers that create repositories, but then we
give pull request author push access so they don't need to ask us for
merges. We also encourage to contact upstream if they are interested in
participating. And of course we can change the workflow - it just seems
to work fine at the moment.

> Should/could we also support (and indeed, encourage) a mode where
> Flathub can follow a stable branch on a upstream repo, and instead
> obtain the .json from there?

I believe there was such idea to point buildbot to remote repository
with json.

Bartłomiej