Flathub JSON recipes

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Mon Aug 14 11:35:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

just my 2cts on one specific technical detail (I have no strong
opinion on the broader topic):

Alexander Larsson:
> However, the stable build is much more
> problematic. First of all, where does it go? The natural place would be
> on the stable branch, but that is often (at least for gnome) based on
> the actual version nr (e.g. gnome-3-22), so the branch to use to find
> the manifest to build kept changing as things were released.

One solution for projects whose stable branch keeps changing name
would be to maintain a signed Git tag (say, "flatpak-stable") pointing
to the release one wishes to see tracked on Flathub. Granted, it's one
more step from the maintainer's PoV, can be forgotten, etc. Signed Git
tags can be overwritten and propagate nicely across repos and
working copies.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri