Request: Perl and Perl-Gtk bindings

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 08:58:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 16:06 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> So I guess I'm back where I started :( Alexander - could you share
> your build instructions? I had fatal errors when I tried ( posted
> here, not resolved ), and it was definitely flatpak-related - I've
> been building Perl on all kinds of systems for decades.

Oh, i didn't try building perl myself, i just took the current perl in
the SDK and added it to the platform. Here is the changes i
experimented with:

https://github.com/flatpak/freedesktop-sdk-base/tree/wip/mini-perl

If you're an experienced perl developer maybe you could take a look at
what a sane super-minimal set of perl modules would be. Maybe that is
more realistic to put in the platform, because a lot of the size where
from various perl modules. Or maybe such a partial perl installation is
worse than none? I don't really know.

What kind of issues did you have with building it?

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a shy playboy romance novelist who dotes on his loving old ma. She's
a ditzy communist cab driver on her way to prison for a murder she didn't
commit. They fight crime!