Request: Perl and Perl-Gtk bindings

Daniel Kasak d.j.kasak.dk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:57:43 UTC 2017

Ah, woops. Gmail sent prematurely ...

To be honest, I'd rather be able to build Perl myself. I can't see a
'minimal' Perl being that useful to GUI developers. I assume Python is
in the runtime. The only people interested in Perl would be those also
interested in the gtk+ bindings.

Copy/pasted from my previous thread:

---

Perl builds successfully and I see a perl binary in sdf/files/bin that
runs ( at least perl -v runs ).

However the build ended with an error:

./perl -Ilib -I. installman --destdir=
WARNING: You've never run 'make test'!!!  (Installing anyway.)
Skipping installation of pod man pages.
Skipping installation of lib man pages.
Skipping installation of lib man pages.
Skipping installation of cpan/podlators/blib/script/pod2man man page.
Skipping installation of cpan/podlators/blib/script/pod2text man page.
Skipping installation of cpan/Pod-Usage/blib/script/pod2usage man page.
Skipping installation of cpan/Pod-Checker/blib/script/podchecker man page.
Skipping installation of cpan/Pod-Parser/blib/script/podselect man page.
Skipping installation of utils/cpan man page.
Skipping installation of utils/corelist man page.
Skipping installation of utils/enc2xs man page.
Skipping installation of utils/encguess man page.
Skipping installation of utils/h2ph man page.
Skipping installation of utils/h2xs man page.
Skipping installation of utils/instmodsh man page.
Skipping installation of utils/json_pp man page.
Skipping installation of utils/libnetcfg man page.
Skipping installation of utils/perlbug man page.
Skipping installation of utils/perlivp man page.
Skipping installation of utils/piconv man page.
Skipping installation of utils/pl2pm man page.
Skipping installation of utils/pod2html man page.
Skipping installation of utils/prove man page.
Skipping installation of utils/ptar man page.
Skipping installation of utils/ptardiff man page.
Skipping installation of utils/ptargrep man page.
Skipping installation of utils/shasum man page.
Skipping installation of utils/splain man page.
Skipping installation of utils/xsubpp man page.
Skipping installation of utils/zipdetails man page.
stripping /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/bin/perl5.26.0
to /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/lib/debug/bin/perl5.26.0.debug
stripping /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/bin/perl
to /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/lib/debug/bin/perl.debug
stripping /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/lib/perl5/5.26.0/x86_64-linux/auto/attributes/attributes.so
to /home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/lib/debug/lib/perl5/5.26.0/x86_64-linux/auto/attributes/attributes.so.debug
eu-strip: while opening
'/home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/files/lib/perl5/5.26.0/x86_64-linux/auto/attributes/attributes.so':
Permission denied
Error: module perl: Child process exited with code 1

I can 'cd' into
/home/dkasak/src/flatpak/sdf/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-t0uLOl/
...but there is nothing underneath that directory.