Central list of Flatpak repositories?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 08:11:09 UTC 2017

On 19 August 2017 at 15:15, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet at gnome.org> wrote:
> To be able to discover all Flatpak apps from a software center like
> gnome-software, what is just needed is a central *list* of repositories.

I don't think it's the data that's the problem; I think flathub is
slowly becoming that "one place" where you can get trusted flatpaks. I
think the real issue is that distros like Fedora can't ship flathub
installed by default as it contains patented software that big Linux
companies can't be shown to facilitate access to. If flathub had two
trees, one for (Debian?) free software and one for other things then
it would be a much easier conversation for Fedora. I think simply
having a non-free GtkSwitch might make the lawyers glitch a bit,
although IANAL and all that.

Richard