Release planning for LTS

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 17:10:45 UTC 2017

Today I've been doing some release planning for the next flatpak
release which will
be 0.10.2. Once it is out I think we should branch and make master
0.11.x which will
open for development work, while the 0.10 branch will be a LTS release with
bugfixes only.

I made a milestone for 0.10.2 and added some issues that i think would be nice
to get in before the LTS, and that are sufficiently small and simple:

 https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/milestone/2

Does anyone have anything else they really need to be in the LTS for
the medium term?

As for flatpak-builder. I'm not sure we need to branch that yet
because its stability is not
as critical and its not seeing as much change. Its very useful to be
able to get releases
out for it that can be used in flathub and the gnome sdk builder. So,
for now master of that
will be 0.10.x and it should not pick up any dependencies on flatpak >
0.10.x. Once we need
a new flatpak, we can branch it too.

--
 Alexander Larsson                                Red Hat, Inc
       alexl at redhat.com         alexander.larsson at gmail.com