redhat

Christian Hergert christian at hergert.me
Tue Jul 25 19:55:17 UTC 2017

On 07/10/2017 05:15 AM, Chad Homan wrote:
> what's the state of flatpak of redhat, specifically 7.2+
> do we know of a timeline to support rhel?

I'm not sure of an answer in any sort of "official capacity" for RHEL
products. In terms of how to set it up today you can do the following:

  * Add this repo¹ to your /etc/yum.repos.d/
  * Make sure your system is updated (I had some old glib packages and
    such that needed to be updated after installing the 7.2 DVD). I used
    CentOS, but presumably it's the same.
  * yum install flatpak

After that, I gave Builder a quick test² and it seemed to work fine.

-- Christian

¹
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/amigadave/flatpak-epel7/repo/epel-7/amigadave-flatpak-epel7-epel-7.repo
² https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD1nTiFUIAAyT-X.jpg:large