Announce: Flatpak 0.9.6
alexl at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 13:13:47 UTC 2017
$ sha256sum flatpak-0.9.6.tar.xz
Major changes in 0.9.6
This version requires the latest ostree version (2017.7) because it
uses a new feature that hardens the security of flatpak. Previously,
if you installed to a system-wide repository, the files created for an
application were as specified by the remote repo, but owned by root,
which could include problematic permissions like setuid or
world-writable. We now never create such problematic files or
directories on disk. Flatpak export was also changed to never
create problematic files in new apps.
Related to this, newly created flatpak installations also use the
new "bare-user-only" mode for the repositories, which means you
can now install applications even if your filesystem does not
support extended attributes.
* flatpak info --show-metadata now only shows the metadata, in
a machine parseable way.
* build-export now records the flatpak version in the commit message
* builder: The .pyc timestamp fixer now allows .pyc files with no
corresponding .py file.
* builder: New feature 'inherit-extensions' lets you copy extension
info from the parent runtime.
* builder: Set ExtensionOf in auto-created extensions (like Locale
* builder: Setting CPPFLAGS now works
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl at redhat.com alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a fast talking shark-wrestling astronaut moving from town to town,
helping folk in trouble. She's a strong-willed goth mechanic with an evil
twin sister. They fight crime!
More information about the Flatpak