Getting the original desktop file name from the software center

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:20:07 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In gnome-software we want to get the reviews for the upstream
application. A few common flatpak apps are renamed, e.g. from
inkscape.desktop to org.inkscape.Inkscape.desktop -- is there any way
to get the original application ID of the app for the purposes of
getting the review? Ideally I could get this from the AppStream data,
but I'm willing to get it from anywhere it's available. Ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Richard.