Flatpak Digest, Vol 27, Issue 7

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 07:06:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-09-28 at 17:03 +0200, Gunnar Andersson wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 14:35 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > However, that is going to require more people being involved in
> > flatpak
> > development, because otherwise we will not have enough reviewing
> > going
> > on. Are there some people who have time to sign up for doing some
> > level
> > of flatpak PR review?
>
> Very limited time for this but as a user/adopter I should pitch in.
>
> I expect I do not know the technology well enough to comfortably
> approve the
> technical details at first, but if it is at all useful I could pitch
> in
> regularly on something like commit quality review, like:
>
> 1. Make sure commits are following formats and are properly
> documented (if I
> don't understand it, I'll ask for a better description)
>
> 2. Based on diverse development experience I hope I'd be able to at
> least
> point out if any commits ought to be split or squashed.
>
> Flatpak seems quite well aligned with GNOME, so would it use the same
> policy
> [1], more or less?

We have not really had much rules about this, but the gnome ones are
sound.

> Of course the technical reviewers could also check those things, so
> if this
> is not what the project needs right now, no problem.

All contributions help. I believe code review is a good way to
disseminate knowledge about the code as well as finding issues in the
patches themselves.

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's an oversexed one-eyed senator looking for 'the Big One.' She's a
provocative wisecracking single mother with someone else's memories. They
fight crime!