Flatpaking of Paperwork: Issues with locale-specific files and scanner drivers

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 08:50:45 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-15 at 11:00 +0000, Jerome Flesch wrote:
> 12 octobre 2017 13:45 "Alexander Larsson" <alexl at redhat.com> a écrit:
>
> > Here is the current behaviour:
> > There is a new command "flatpak config" which lets you set the set
> > of
> > languages to install:
> > flatpak config --set language sv;en;de
> > (or with --user to set the per-user config)
> > This is then used whenever you install/update apps.
> > If this is not configured then the default is used. For --user
> > installs
> > the default is the current languages as defined by various locale
> > env
> > vars. For system defaults we ask AccountServices for all users
> > configured languages and combine those as the list. If
> > AccountServices
> > is not there, or some user has no language set we install all
> > languages.
> >

> Thank you for your explanation. Are there any documentations or
> examples showing how to manage these locale extensions with flatpak-
> builder (if possible at all) ?

Flatpak-builder automatically creates them if anything writes in
/app/share/locale unless you specifically disable this with separate-
locales: false.

If you want to install extra data to the extension, just add files to
/app/share/runtime/locale/$lang.

See for instance how the dictionaries module works in:

https://github.com/flatpak/freedesktop-sdk-images/blob/1.6/org.freedesktop.Sdk.json.in

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a sword-wielding guerilla paranormal investigator with acid for
blood. She's an orphaned cigar-chomping safe cracker with her own daytime
radio talk show. They fight crime!