Announce: Flatpak 0.9.98

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 15:32:30 UTC 2017

Available here:

https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/releases/tag/0.9.98

$ sha256sum flatpak-0.9.98.tar.xz
4156af24d956dafd634dfed07e490ace3538a79a3951fd53c46d5a35285500b8  flatpak-0.9.98.tar.xz

Major changes in 0.9.98
=======================

 * libflatpak now correctly finds metadata for subset installations (like locale data)
 * flatpak build now supports --appdir which exposes the per-app directory in the
   user homedir. This is useful when testing builds.
 * The host fontconfig caches are exposed to the sandbox, next to the fonts in /run/host.
   This will (pending fontconfig work) allow sharing host fontconfig caches, allowing
   much faster initial startup for flatpak apps.
 * flatpak install now supports --no-pull
 * Added new extension property "locale-subset", which makes the extension point
   act like a locale extension (i.e. only install the subset configured by the
   locale).
 * flatpak remote-add --oci is disabled for now, as this is not up to date with
   the latest OCI work, and we don't want to break existing deployments if this
   has to change when this lands.
 * Parallel installation/updates are now safe because we take a filesystem lock
   whenever we prune the local ostree repo.
 * Flatpak run now works when important paths like $HOME, etc, are symlinks.
 * The ostree min-free-space property is is set to zero by default for the
   flatpak repos. This was causing a lot of problems for people, but the feature
   is still there if you manually enable it.

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a deeply religious albino firefighter with a secret. She's a
beautiful psychic schoolgirl with a song in her heart and a spring in her
step. They fight crime!