where should I put my config file?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Tue Aug 7 10:03:45 UTC 2018

Le mardi 7 août 2018, 11:51:48 CEST Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> Creating a runtime is basically like creating your own distribution.
> It is not a good idea to maintain a distribution just so you can read
> a config file.
>
> Please please please, unless you have the real manpower/interest in
> doing it correctly, never ever create your own runtime.
>
> If all you need to do is read a config file that can never change,
> just put it in /app/etc/.

Hello,

no it's not just for a config file of course. It's because I have a backend and many frontends (each one in a different flatpak), and all the frontends need to access some backend modules (it's Python), its dependencies and media files. Runtime allow to have a common base, and to not duplicate module and media files for each package.

My runtime is just the Freedesktop one with my additional modules, and I'll have to maintain the modules up to date in any case, it doesn't looks like that much work (regarding that I can automatize modules update), am I missing something? You can check my manifests at https://repos.goffi.org/sat_docs/file/tip/flatpak the runtime is at https://repos.goffi.org/sat_docs/file/tip/flatpak/org.salutatoi.Sdk.json .

Thanks
Goffi