Announce: Flatpak 1.0.0

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 15:09:22 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:59 AM Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Changes in 1.0
> ==============
>
> Flatpak 1.0 is the first version in a new stable release series. This
> new 1.x series is the successor to the 0.10.x series, which was first
> introduced in October 2017. 1.0 is the new standard Flatpak version,
> and distributions are recommended to update to it as soon as possible.

Some notes for packagers:

We accidentally picked up a dependency on a more recent glib, for
older backports, please apply this patch:
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/commit/a7c88682d3e0b82f1f1a5994d052c05becbfdc59

Also, some unicode characters in the dbus interface file caused
problems in gdbus-codegen when building xdg-desktop-portal.
This was fixed in flatpak by removing the characters:
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/commit/7b8e9ea4a17ccaf3418c48294ae13b784d19cb63
However, the original file is also distributed in the
xdg-desktop-portal package, so you might need to apply the same patch
there.